How to make early morning exercise easy
Morning workouts can be extremely difficult for those of us who like to sleep in, and even for those who like mornings. But while you may think those people who wake up in the early A.M. hours to exercise are just a myth made up by fitness gurus to make us all feel bad about ourselves, it’s actually not so hard to become one with a few simple changes.
So how can one actually become a morning workout person?
Women’s Health recommends these seven tips:
Sleep in your workout clothes
- Stretch for your workout while still in bed – you can still stay in bed and stretch your muscles before hitting the gym. Stretch your hamstrings and upper body in the comfort of your warm bed.
- Wake up and smell the coffee… literally – if your coffee maker has an auto-set function, set it the night before so the smell will wake you up.
- Ditch the annoying buzzer and set your alarm to fast-paced music – pick something that makes you want to get up and get moving.
- Drink plenty of water
- Be realistic – a short workout is better than no workout. Telling yourself you will exercise for an hour is a lot more daunting and easy to skip out on. Go for a shorter time.
- Make the habit – the first few weeks will be the hardest, but once you make morning workouts part of your daily routine it will be a breeze.